IDI is seeking a skilled grant writer with a passion for our mission, impeccable English writing skills and fluency in Hebrew, to work on developing donor-ready materials and assist with the full grant cycle: LOI’s, proposals, reports and ongoing correspondence with donors and potential donors in North America. The job is based in our beautiful premises in Jerusalem with flexible work hours and considerable options for telecommuting
Reports to: Director of Development, IDI, and Managing Director, IDI Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Jerusalem, with potential remote flexibility
Contact: Please email your resume to email@example.com
● Responsible for writing an array of different grant proposals and reports in English on a variety of research topics concerning Israeli democracy, intended for foundations and major donors. Requires coordinating and working with the development team in Israel and the U.S.
● Work with senior scholars to translate their ideas, visions and work plans into compelling opportunities for philanthropic investment.
● Work with the financial department to develop budgets and budget narratives.
● Native-level English speaker with outstanding English writing skills with an emphasis on strong reading comprehension and conversational Hebrew.
● At least 5 years of grant writing experience in academia or within the think tank industry.
● Experience in marketing communication and storytelling.
● Ability to meet multiple deadlines and work well under pressure.
● Clear thinker and writer who pays attention to details and is adept at abstract conceptualization and nuanced presentation.
● Strong team player.
● Entrepreneurial self-starter capable of compiling raw data from a variety of sources and move forward even in the absence of detailed instructions.
● Computer literacy: Office, Excel, on-line grant platforms, Salesforce.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org